Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday Blog

The Athens Banner Herald always seems to end up on the kitchen table when I wake up in the morning. My parents never have time to read it until they come home from work, so it's always folded nice and crisp waiting for me. I'm not going to lie I don't read all of it, or even most of it. I read the sports section (shocking, yes I know) and occasionally headline stories and features. As far as magazines go I'm such a typical teenage girl, I read Seventeen and Lucky. Although during our class this year I read magazines that didn't actually show you how to wear clothes that fit your body type! I got my first taste of The New Yorker, which was obviously quite a change, but a good one. It may not have been the cookie cutter teenage girl magazine but it really was a way for me to look at people's articles that take up two or three pages. Magazines like The New Yorker have such a broad audience and don't be surprised if you catch me putting down my Seventeen magazine to become a part of that audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment